New GDPR regulations
Personal data is stored securely in the locked CLS office and is collected for CLS records only and will not be shared outside the School without your prior consent.
Whilst CLS is committed to our users’ privacy and confidentiality, by providing CLS with any personal data (name, addresses, phone numbers) you accept the security risks associated with internet usage and agree that CLS cannot accept any liability for loss or misuse of data that occurs from abuse outside our jurisdiction.
What data is collected and stored by the administration team at CLS?
- student personal information prior to enrolment at the School (name, contact details, addresses etc) for administrative purposes
- information on student learning goals and ongoing progress in English language
- student end of course reports
- weekly evaluation forms and end of course evaluation forms
- staff, trustees, agents and hosts personal information (name, contact details, addresses etc) for administrative purposes
- records of any email correspondence including course queries, CVs and any social media contact
Why does CLS store and process your personal data?
- for administrative purposes
- in keeping with the British Council Accreditation Scheme standards and regulations
- to monitor student progress
- for the purposes of student welfare
- for quality assurance purposes
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
You have the following rights in relation to the processing and storage of your personal data – the right to:
- request access to your personal data that CLS holds
- request that CLS erase any personal data if no longer required for CLS administrative purposes
- request necessary amendments to your personal data
- request restrictions to your personal data